· Pleasant area for people in the work units.
· Resting place for visitors and passing
· Productive food and craft garden for the
· Space to raise plants for sale.
· Access to the work units.
It is also an excellent place to demonstrate what can be
done with small spaces and odd bits of land, providing
plenty of inspiration and education.
Many sustainable techniques have been used
· Use of reclaimed materials e.g. the lock gate
planters seats and signs for the dog poo poems.
· Growth of food and craft materials for the ATC.
· Worm composting. It's quicker and smaller than
· Plants grown for sale provide income for the
· Making use of an undervalued space.